Supermarkets, Discounters and Convenience stores analysis - 2017
download the report
This report looks at the grocery sector across the Big 4 supermarkets, discounters (Aldi, Lidl, Home Bargains etc) and convenience stores over five years (2012 - 2017), with a focus on changes over 12 months from January 2017 - January 2018.
Three key takeaways:
- The growth of discount stores has been slowing since a peak of +297 in 2014.
- The Big 4 Supermarkets are back to growth after Morrisons closures in 2016 sent the overall figure into decline.
The number of convenience stores has increased by 17% in the five years from 2012.
This report also features:
- A review of independent occupiers in the convenience sector.
- A look at the premium grocery brands including Waitrose, M&S and Whole Foods Market.
- A look at key trends within the grocery sector including recycling of vacant units, supermarket concessions and Amazon.
- Case studies on Yorkshire and the Humber and the Tesco/Booker deal.
- Commentary and predictions from sector experts.
To download your copy of the report please complete the form on this page. You will receive an email with your report shortly.