This is a crucial role that is to take complete responsibility for the delivery of fully tested applications, reports and research and development projects developed by the LDC software development team. Quality of data and applications are part of the pivotal values that LDC delivers to its clients.
Role Responsibilities and Duties
- This role will be responsible for manual and automated black box testing and end-to-end testing as a part of the software development team.
- Develop a thorough understanding of LDC technologies and apply acquired business knowledge to testing.
- Pinpoint any discrepancies or missing definitions in the specifications documents rather than relying on specifications for testing.
- Work closely with business analysts throughout the process.
- Take responsibility for delivery of a quality end product. Quality will be measured by the spikes in maintenance work after the release of the tested software, within the first three months of the release.
Our Commitment to You
Salary: Dependant on experience.
- Minimum 20 hours a week
- Holiday entitlement 23 days (based on full-time hours)
LDC commits to supporting the development of new skills and competencies by providing regular training. We provide a friendly and welcoming work environment and believe in the promotion of talent from within.
To apply for this position, send your CV, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Skills & Attributes
- The successful candidate will have an eye for detail, a passion for data, and a keen sense of responsibility.
- Committed to delivering on time and to a high standard.
- Experience in UI manual testing is desired.
- A reasonable level of SQL knowledge is required.
- Knowledge of automated testing and tools is beneficial.
- We run an Agile team, so any understanding of
Agileprocess is a must, more important is a commitment to Agile Principles as laid out in the Agile Manifesto
- Good communicator.
- We are a friendly and professional group of people with a passion for technology – and the successful candidate will demonstrate a similar outlook.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team but also able to take initiative.
- Ability to quickly grasp business rules and apply them to testing of the technology and data is essential.
- Ability to look at application usability and functionality with ‘common sense’ and question any discrepancies.
- Knowledge of SQL databases and the ability to query data efficiently.
- Experience working with automated functional, GUI and black box testing would be an advantage.