1. First access to highlights from LDC's analysis on changes to the UK retail and leisure market over the course of 2018.
2. Insight on the retail landscape that you won't find anywhere else including vacancy rates, openings and closures across retail sectors and early growth markets.
3. An update on retail trading performance over 2018.
4. A look at structural changes to retail stock across the country, including how many units have been redeveloped for other uses.
5. A review of how location types are faring, including insights on high streets, shopping centres and retail parks and their historical performance.
6. Predictions for the future of the market underpinned by our
8. An opportunity to discuss questions and challenges with a panel of industry experts.
9. A networking session where you can meet peers over a drink.
10. As a summit delegate you will receive first access to our latest report, due for release the day after the event.
We are thrilled to be joined by some fascinating speakers who will share insight across a range of topics and sectors:
Lucy joined LDC with extensive experience from her time at CACI and now heads up commercial relationships across the retail, leisure, advisory, investor and private equity verticals. Lucy’s current role involves building and maintaining long-term relationships within some of the UK’s leading brands, working in partnership with occupiers and investors providing data, technology and analytics to power location strategy, competitor tracking, due diligence and portfolio optimisation. Outside of LDC, for the 5th year now, Lucy also works with the Retail Trust and is Deputy Chair of the organising committee for the Retail Trust London Celebration; a flagship event on the industry calendar.
Emma is a Director of NewRiver REIT (UK) Ltd, sits on the Executive Committee, and is responsible for NewRiver’s Northern Portfolio which includes acquisition, asset management and development of 17 community shopping centres. Emma’s responsibilities also include oversight of NewRiver’s property management, rent collection and the Environmental, Social and Governance programme.
Emma is a qualified chartered surveyor with over 20 years’ experience in the retail property market.
In 2018 Emma was one of the eight members of the High Streets Expert Panel commissioned by the High Streets Minister Jake Berry MP and chaired by Sir John Timpson. The Panel was responsible for providing practical solutions to the Government to help support UK high streets and town centres. The three
For more information about NewRiver REIT plc visit www.nrr.co.uk
Kindly hosted by BDO LLP,
55 Baker Street, London, W1U 7EU
Attending the @LocalDataCo #ldcinsights annual conference into retail trends. Chart showing national vacancy rate relatively stable at 11.4%. Very proud of #wimbledon vacancy rate of 5.8% pic.twitter.com/Vwsjbu0b54— lovewimbledon (@lovewimbledon) November 8, 2018
360% more vegans in the UK than 10 years ago and a rise in flexitarianism. Social media cues see consumers reinvent themselves in line with rising trends @MorarHPI @LocalDataCo #LDCInsights pic.twitter.com/Xo39xVD1jy— PinPointer (@PinPointerUK) November 8, 2018