This important Business Development role is critical to the overall performance of the business therefore this role would attract an experienced new business generator with a proven track record of prospecting and closing sales.
Role Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand the market and key clients and use this knowledge to build tailored solutions for prospects.
- Building up specific market knowledge and be an expert in the field.
- Use all means of communication to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging a network of contacts.
- Building relationships with new clients.
- Working with the team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handling objections, working through differences to a positive conclusion using a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Working with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Attending industry functions such as events and conferences and feedback to the team on market trends and news.
- Ensuring that customer data is accurately entered and managed within our customer relationship management system (HubSpot).
- Accurately forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Understanding the company’s goals and purpose and strive to continually enhance the company’s performance.
Our Commitment to You
Salary/Commission: £30-£45k (£72 – £85k OTE)
Benefits: Pension scheme (details available upon request)
LDC commits to supporting the development of new skills and competencies by providing regular training. We provide a friendly and welcoming work environment and believe in the promotion of talent from within.
To apply for this position, send your CV, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Proven capability of quickly penetrating a market sector and achieving consistent and growing sales.
- Demonstrates the ability to consistently increase the ASV of a product.
- Demonstrates a higher level of personal planning and organisation.
- Proven written, verbal and face-to-face communicator.
- Ability to use the complete Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to create high-quality and impactful proposals.
- Ability to present proposals to C-suite and a wider audience.
- Minimum of four years’ experience of generating new business.
- Motivated by both financial targets and company values.
- Reliable, positive and professional can-do attitude.
- Natural curiosity and interest in people, in the organisation and the challenges it faces.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure taking responsibility to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates impeccable honesty, integrity and confidentiality in all matters at all times.
- Interacts well and respects people from all disciplines to accomplish a task or goal.
- Passionate in their approach to work and life in general.
- Sees their own continuous development as crucial to their success.
- Takes a keen interest in the retail sector, it’s evolution and challenges.