This is a great opportunity for a Data Scientist who wants to work with the latest technologies and tools and make a real difference to a growing business. The role is temporary with the potential for a permanent placement.
Role Responsibilities and Duties
- Extracting stories from LDC's proprietary data.
- Mathematical and statistical modelling and forecasting.
- Ensuring data integrity.
- Understanding different aspects of LDC's client and market requirements to deliver relevant answers based on data.
- Data vizualisation and meaningful interpretation.
Our Commitment to
This is a temporary role with the potential to become a permanent placement.
LDC commits to supporting the development of new skills and competencies by providing regular training. We provide a friendly and welcoming work environment and believe in the promotion of talent from within.
To apply for this position, send your CV, along with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Key Skills & Attributes
- MS SQL skills
- R/Python skills
- Knowledge of basic statistics, probability theory and mathematical modelling.
- Data visualization using Tableau or similar platform.
- Ability to quickly grasp business requirements and communicate with business stakeholders.
- Good overall communication skills.
- Knowledge of big data analytics and manipulation.
- Knowledge of modelling of data using statistical methods.
- Experience using data to drive decisions.
- Can do attitude with an affinity for innovation.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Rigour and delivery of sound results.
- A desire to learn new skills – we are continuously seeking out the latest technology developments.
- Reliable, positive and professional can do attitude.
- Proven track record of taking full responsibility to meet deadlines.
- Interacts well and respects people from all disciplines to accomplish a task or goal.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural and changing environment.
- Machine learning
- Blob storage
- Azure databases
- Hadoop or similar