June 5, 2018
This bi-annual report looks at the entire retail and leisure sector over five years (2012 - 2017), with a focus on changes over 12 months of 2017.True to our company mission at LDC, to 'share knowledge to create better places' we are providing this 62 page report free of charge, you can download your copy of the report here.
Three key takeaways:
- The overall vacancy rate for GB increased for the first time since 2012 in 2017, but only by 0.2%
- Numbers of occupied leisure units fell for the first time in 2012, alongside off other retail categories.
- Since 2013, most GB regions have seen their LDC Health Index Score increase.
This report also features
- Data on GB vacancy rates across high streets, retail parks and shopping centres, split by region.
- Long-term data on persistent vacancy rates.
- Changes in LDC Health Index scores.
- Openings and closures data split by independent and multiple businesses and retail classifications.
- A review of brands who are opening the most stores and a look at international brands to land on our shores.
- Coverage of the M&A activity over 2017.
- Insight on the most improved high streets and most entrepreneurial towns.
- Commentary from LDC experts.
- Guest features from innovative technology experts NearSt and Maybe*.
- Commentary and insights from thought leaders in retail including Malcolm Watts, Finance Director of the Folli Folli Group, John Mitchell, Head of Retail at MJ Mapp, Alastair Browne, Head of Site Research and Strategic Insights at JD Sports, Mike Schmidt, Director of Corporate Finance at DFS and others.