LDC is recruiting a Business Development Manager based in our office in Farringdon, London. We are looking for passionate and entrepreneurial candidates attracted by the opportunity of managing a sales process from origination to closure.
This important Business Development role is critical to the overall performance of the business therefore this role would attract an experienced new business generator with a proven track record of prospecting and closing sales.
Role Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand the market and key clients and use this knowledge to build tailored solutions for prospects.
- Building up specific market knowledge and be an expert in the field.
- Use all means of communication to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging a network of contacts.
- Building relationships with new clients.
- Working with the team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handling objections, working through differences to a positive conclusion using a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Working with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Attending industry functions such as events and conferences and feedback to the team on market trends and news.
- Ensuring that customer data is accurately entered and managed within our customer relationship management system (HubSpot).
- Accurately forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Understanding the company’s goals and purpose and strive to continually enhance the company’s performance.
Our Commitment to You
Salary/Commission: £30-£45k (£72 – £85k OTE)
Benefits: Pension scheme (details available upon request)
LDC commits to supporting the development of new skills and competencies by providing regular training. We provide a friendly and welcoming work environment and believe in the promotion of talent from within.
To apply for this position, send your CV, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Proven capability of quickly penetrating a market sector and achieving consistent and growing sales.
- Demonstrates the ability to consistently increase the ASV of a product.
- Demonstrates a higher level of personal planning and organisation.
- Proven written, verbal and face-to-face communicator.
- Ability to use the complete Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to create high-quality and impactful proposals.
- Ability to present proposals to C-suite and a wider audience.
- Knowledge of selling methodologies e.g. SPIN.
- Minimum of four years’ experience of generating new business,.
- Motivated by both financial targets and company values.
- Reliable, positive and professional can-do attitude.
- Natural curiosity and interest in people, in the organisation and the challenges it faces.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure taking responsibility to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates impeccable honesty, integrity and confidentiality in all matters at all times.
- Interacts well and respects people from all disciplines to accomplish a task or goal.
- Passionate in their approach to work and life in general.
- Sees their own continuous development as crucial to their success.