LDC is recruiting a Business Development Manager based in our office in Farringdon, London. We are looking for passionate and entrepreneurial candidates attracted by the opportunity of managing a sales process from origination to closure.
This important Business Development role is critical to the overall performance of the business and consequently this role would attract an experienced new business generator with a proven track record.
- Able to rapidly understand the market and key clients and build tailored solutions for sale.
- Building up specific market knowledge.
- Demonstrates ability to consistently increase the ASV of a product.
- Use all means of communication to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging their network.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Work with the team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Attend industry functions, such as events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within our customer relationship management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goals and purpose so that you will continually enhance the company’s performance.
Our Commitment to You
Salary/Commission: £30-£45k (£72 – £85k OTE)
LDC commit to support the development of new skills and competencies by providing regular training. We provide a friendly and welcoming work environment and believe in the promotion of talent from within.
To apply for this position, send your CV, along with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven capability of quickly penetrating a market sector and achieving consistent and growing sales outcomes.
- Is motivated by internal targets and values as well as external targets.
- Demonstrates a higher level of personal planning and organisation.
- Proven written, verbal and face-to-face communicator.
- Ability to use complete Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to create high-quality robust proposals.
- Ability to present proposals to C-suite and a wider audience.
- Knowledge selling methodology e.g. SPIN.
- At least four years experience of new business generation.
- Reliable, positive and professional can-do attitude.
- Natural curiosity and interest in people, in the organisation and the challenges it faces.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure taking full responsibility to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates impeccable honesty, integrity and confidentiality in all matters at all times.
- Accountable for ensuring accuracy and quality of work.
- Interacts well and respects people from all disciplines to accomplish a task or goal.
- Passionate in their approach to work and life in general.
- Sees their own continuous development as crucial to their success.
Share this job